Monday, June 18, 2012

Busy Bees
Today was such a long exhausting day! We started by taking Rorey to the dentist. He has been bashed in the mouth twice over the last week, and I was worried about his front tooth being chipped. It has yet to reach the surface, and the other one popped out a while ago. The dentist reassured that it has just bumped up, and will eventually come back down. Lucky kid! We then went to Hapari so I could check out swim tops. I wanted a new one since the suit I have is 3 years old. Well shopping with two crazy kids is hard enough, but then squish your insecurities into a bathing suit and you are on a whole other level! After trying on 6 or 7 I finally found one that was on clearance for $20. Savvy shopping right there! We then proceeded to Wal-Mart to shop for some things we needed for our trip coming up. Then it was time for the nightmare to happen! The Dr appointment I have been putting off for 2 months. Rorey's 9 month shots. Yipee...not! We have been going to Utah Valley Pediatrics since Dallen was 18 months old. Chris Brokenleg is our doctor (yes that is her real name!), she is amazing and totally worth the drive to Orem. Well on this visit, we ended up waiting over an hour just to get in! Insane, as it was like a death day from December or something. We finally got in, and as I checked the time Dallen's dance class was soon approaching. I tried to rush things through the appointment, and finally it happened. The worst thing that could happen at the doctor! I turned away from Rorey for a split second because Dallen was throwing a tantrum over a cup of water, and off the table fell the baby! A good three and a half feet to the floor, probably seemed like a death defying fall for someone under two feet tall. He was hysterically crying in shock that Mom wasn't there to catch him. I quickly tried to sooth his crying, but the nurse came right in and had to give him his shots. Just when he thought he was mad, it quickly turned into his worst day ever. Feeling overwhelmed, and embarrassed I quickly got the kids to the car and headed to Salt Lake for dance class. As it was now 4:05pm and Dallen's class starts at 4:30, it was time to fly. For those of you in question, yes I drive close to 90 minutes 4 times a week for dance and hockey classes in SLC every week. Am I crazy? Yes! Is it worth it? Yes!! Anyway, we got to his class with 12 minutes remaining. Due to the ridiculous length of the drive, the kids both crashed. Dallen suffice it to say cried through all but 3 minutes of the class. (Sorry Beth!) We left with a gumball in hand, hopefully to change emotional damage. Next it was on to get Dallen a haircut. Dallen has been going through a unique stage. The other day he was breaking down in tears in his room, so Dave went in to see what was wrong an this is what Dallen said. "I can't get my hair to not look ugly!" Seriously?! The kid is 4 and he already has a vanity complex. He is super picky about what he wears, and how he looks. After many complaints on the hair, we finally agreed to chop it. When it was finally his turn at the salon, he went straight back and told the stylist exactly how he wanted it. "Short on the sides and spiky on top, but only in the front." I didn't say a word, and just told her to do it how he wanted it. It turned out pretty cute, and he loves it. I have to be careful giving hugs and playing with him so I don't "mess it up".  Our last and final stop for the day was Costco for diapers and wipes, which is where the pic above was shot. As you can see, even with as many errands as we had I still had some smiles. These kids are troopers! Well we ran in quickly and while going through checkout, my card declined! Curses! I called Dave but he was still 10 minutes away from home where he could make a bank transfer for funds. I stood there with the kids frustrated as the clerk kept asking every 30 seconds "are you ready to pay?". I hate awkward moments like that more than anything else. Finally while trying to make my way out of the store, I was holding back tears. I try to get all my running around done in one day, so that I don't have to play repeat with the kids everyday. Carting around kids is exhausting and not fun. But sometimes, I just don't know when to quit. Now all I need to do is laundry and pack for our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment