Monday, June 4, 2012

Sticker Trickster
 I went into Dallen's room to put away his laundry, and I found this! Not sure where he found the stickers, but he beautified his dresser. He is at that perfect age, where he thinks to himself "As long as Mom doesn't see me do this, then I won't get in trouble!" Yeah well us Mom's know that's as good as hiding with your eyes closed! Over the last couple weeks, he has been involved in all sorts of shenanigans. Such as, dropping heavy items on his little brother's head. Leaving the house without warning, and when I call for him he is no where to be found. Coloring permanent marker all over the kitchen floor, and bookshelf. Pouring out the entire shaker of salt on Mommy's cleanly scrubbed kitchen floor. Drawing pen on our chaise. Sneaking food from the pantry, fridge and freezer. My favorite, shoveling out the topsoil to the sidewalk from where Dad freshly laid it all over the yard.

Even with the monster like activities, he is learning and still at an uncertain age. I find it in these moments, my patience is tried the most. Jumping to a conclusion as an adult that "he did this on purpose" is all but correct. He is curious and strong willed. I love the kid to death, and know my patience will grow with time. Even if I have to repeat myself 1,000,000 times for him to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment