Monday, May 14, 2012

Change

When change is upon us we have two choices, either go with or against it. In choosing which direction to go when this happens, I often find I turn to the Lord the most. I feel like I should do this any time regardless, but what is it about the uncertainty of life that brings us to our knees so easily? I am finding that I am dealing with more change right now in my life, than I have ever had. Some of the choices before me, are the largest and most important I will make in my life. Topics of more children, jobs, places to live and general activities we partake in. With all the commotion, I feel lost and confused from all aspects. Over the past few months, options have flown in left and right. Though I feel it is just the pattern of life, and it's time to ride the wave. But, I am also realizing that it is I that need the change. I need to change myself. I know I talked about this the other day with "Expectations", but I truly feel that our life is what we make of it. As someone wise told me recently, "You can't just change the pictures on a wall in a museum to see something more beautiful, you need to change yourself to see the beauty that's right in front of you." As I am now seeing, I need to change myself before the ripples can move gently in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment