Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rehab & Texan Ice
 We spent the day, mostly at home today. I needed time to recover! My legs and shoulders are so stiff, I have been heating and massaging them all day. It was a good day, but a long slow day and I am already wanting to just go get in my comfy bed.

I had to get up and going for Dallen's first skating class. I planned for plenty of time, and left an hour before his class time. Thanks to Bangerter's pleasant construction, I spent the entire hour in stop and go traffic. We got to the rink right when his class was starting, so Dave grabbed him and ran in. I parked way in the back of the jam packed parking lot, and rushed in. All this rushing, you would think it was an important game or intense class. But, this is a simple 30 minute level 1 class. Oh what we do for our children. It's insanity at times, but I think it will pay off. I wish Utah had more ice rinks available. To have only one in our entire county is a bit of a sham. Due to that fact, we chose to enroll him in the best 4 yr old program we could find, at the Acord Ice Arena in Salt Lake county. It is up off 3100 South. That's forever away in Utah County years, in case you didn't know. Watching Dallen on the ice was fun and exciting. There were 4-5 classes all going on at once, and there are 4 kids in his class. He did great for his first class. His confidence shot way up, and he was able to skate half the width of the rink on his own without help. I love that Dave can sit with me and talk me through what they are learning. I am kinda new to the hockey world, so learning all the details is fun.

When we were finished, we drove over to grab a $10 hockey stick Dave found for sale on KSL. It's a nice $90 Bauer composite stick, still in great condition. We then wrapped up the evening with a trip to Texas Roadhouse. It was nice, after the long weekend, to just sit down as a family and visit. Rorey cried the whole time, and Dallen refused to come into the restaurant and then eat any of his own food. I just love family dinners like that! :P Can't wait til next week's skate class! But what I really can't wait for is to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment