Happenings of Late
So much has been going on it's hard to remember everything. The boys are changing so much, it's hard to keep up. Rorey is in the babble stages and until last Sunday it was only gaga or dada. But finally he is now saying mama mama! I love it! He truly is my gem of sunshine on a daily basis.
Dallen has the largest vocabulary of any 4 year old I have ever met. He uses words such as "delicious", beautiful" and "goodness gracious" on a regular basis. There are also some other words in there I would rather not list, as they are naughty! Regardless, he is picking up more words on a daily basis, and more importantly learning how to use them in conversation. He is learning to read! Simple words like "in" or "the", but reading to him daily is proving to be productive. He can write every letter of the alphabet (if it's displayed for him) he can write his name, he can count to 30, he is learning about time and locations (like Highland, SLC, UT, CA, OR, ID, Canada etc). It surprises me how much he can retain, and his memory catches me off guard. He can remember certain events that have happened at a certain place as we drive by, even back to when he was barely three years old.
David is currently on a roller hockey team, the Rolling Rascals. They play at a rink across from the Maverick Center in SLC. They play once a week, and as they are in the middle of their season are 0-5! They are the 0.... :/ It has been frustrating to Dave, as he is kinda their captain. He has organized a lot for them and when they get out there, they just don't seem to want to work together. There are eight guys on the team including Ryan and Steve, his brother and Dad. The three of them are great as they are quite experienced. But the others fail to listen or organize in a way that will help pull ahead. Last night we had the opportunity to grab a bite after the game with Steve and Ryan, they brainstormed some ideas of how they can rearrange the team to adequately help each member. Let's hope they can at least get one win in before the end of the month! :) Watching Dave through the process over the past couple months, has shown me that he is extremely smart with knowing things before they happen. He can make a call seconds before it occurs. He is good at organizing and uplifting the team, and I think he enjoys it quite a bit. I love watching him play, he gets so into it, but he really has a talent for it.
I have recently dropped my hobby of Irish dancing. With all the changes with the family, my physical strength and our financial plans in motion, it was just not working out for me anymore. I was dreading class more and more each week, and I knew that if the joy wasn't in it anymore it wasn't worth pushing so hard for. I have plans to get back into it, I know that if I have the opportunity to pursue my dream again, it will be available. In the mean time, I am enjoying the time off. I was worried about changing the schedule so much, but not having to carry the kids around so much has been helpful. Especially since Rorey is in that between stage of weighing so much, but can't quite walk on his own. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it, I miss it immensely and almost can't think about it unless I want to be upset.
Here are some pics of us lately.
Everyone loved Lagoon!
![]() | |||||||
Just for fun
Say what?!
Band of pirates
Chalked
Miss Dalaney
Such a ham!
St. George Temple
Easter gifts
My little bunnies
Krishna Krishna
Milk that cow boys!
Holding a chick for the first time
Such a cutie!











No comments:
Post a Comment