Friday, May 18, 2012

 Crock Pot 'n Hockey Shots


I am at a little bit of a loss for words today! It's the end of the week, and a long week it has been. Dave had another hockey game late last night. The game started at 9:30 and we didn't get home until just before midnight. The kids and I were so excited to go watch, as the intensity had stepped up a level this week. Dave, helping out with additional practices throughout the week and finally after 7 weeks of waiting received his new wheels, was ready to bring his "A"game. Well surprise surprise! He brought it, he scored 7 of their 8 goals and yet they still lost by 4 points. It was so frustrating, because you could really see that they had stepped things up. Such a bummer, but I am so proud of Dave. Even though they get slammed each week, he leaves on a positive note with his teammates. Needless to say though, I am a bit tired from staying up so late. However, some how I have been able to carpool the kids for preschool, grocery shop, do a load of dishes, jog almost 3 miles, shower, get dinner in the crock pot, post to my blog and allow for some me time while the baby sleeps all before 5pm. I am quite pleased with myself, to say the least. But more importantly I am seeing the return of my energy and stamina, so hopefully I am out of the Thyroid pit. The pic for today is one I shot from my phone, while on my jog. I love gloomy rainy days like this, and especially when they come with thunder. Can't wait for the weekend. It seems to be the only time I can really work on things, and spend some time with Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment