Sunday, May 13, 2012

 Mother's Day

Dallen was brought into the world on October 30th, 2007. He was 6 days overdue and didn't come easily. I was in labor for 21 hours. Most of this was active labor of contractions 3 minutes apart. After hours and hours of relentless struggle, a C-Section was the only option. Complications with my birth canal being too small, made for scary and dangerous moments. After attempts through breaking my water and Pitocin, his heart rate was going up and down and up and down, they thought the cord was wrapped and we resulted in the Cesarean. After only 7 minutes of surgery, he was out and the whole thing was done. I was like seriously?! But when I heard that first little cry, it didn't matter how much pain and waiting I went through. My miracle was here. I don't think there is a sound in the world that can duplicate the emotions struck in a mother as their child's first cry. Because of the length of my laboring, I began to go into shock after the surgery. I spent hours away in recovery. After the horror of it all, I was finally greeted with my new baby boy. He from that moment has changed my life, and will continue changing it forever.
 



Rorey was born on July 26th, 2011. After a long hard pregnancy, we hit the finish line with bad news. No dilation and no effacing. Bad news for a mom who wants a V-BAC! The Dr. gave us an option of waiting another couple days, or scheduling birth on the due date. When the due date came we chose to schedule, as we felt it in the best interest of my body and health. Things were very different the second time around. Since I wasn't already in labor, it was very calm and frankly enjoyable. I know, who enjoys child birthing! But everything about it was enjoyable. I was lucky enough to happen upon a day that a specific Dr. was working. Dr. Parker. He is the same Dr., who delivered both my brothers and my baby sister. Although some may think that odd, I thought it was pretty neat. At first I thought gee, he is so old I hope he can do things correctly still. But looking back, I can see the wisdom in his work. He was very talented with the scar, and kept me laughing on his operating table. Anyways, when Rorey finally arrived, it was quite a funny moment. He was peeing all over himself! I remember laughing out loud, and asking Dave what he looked like. He said "you'll just have to see when they bring him over" brat! When they brought him over he was so quiet and still. He had this big crease at the top of his nose from his face being all smushed. He was beautiful.


Dallen's preschool class had a little program at school on Friday, where they read cards the kids made their Mom's and sang songs. It was so cute, and Dallen was such a sweetie. I love my little Peanut. He is my pal, my helper, my my shoulder to cry on when Daddy is away, my go to guy, my friend and above all my son. I love him more than words will ever be able to express. I look forward to more Mother's Day's to come!




Preschool Card
My mom looks prettiest when: She is a princess
My mom's favorite food is: Noodles
She is happy when: I tell her funny story
My mom is: 24 years old
If my mom could go anywhere she would go: Amy's house
Her best friend is: Sophie Smith
Her job is: Pick me up


Primary Card
 How old is your mom? 1
What is her favorite food? Chicken
What is her favorite color? Pink
What makes your mom happy? My Dad
What makes your mom sad? When she gets mad
What is your mom really good at? Lazer Tag
What is she not very good at? Food
What do you and your mom do together? Bowling
What is you favorite thing she cooks for you? Noodles
What is your mom's job? Roller Hockey
What does your mom do when you are not around? Cleans up
How do you know that your mom loves you? Taking me to Canada
She loves me.




I am grateful for my children, and the opportunity I have been given to be a mother. It is a heavy title to bear, but I continue to work at it to the best of my ability. I hope they someday realize how much I love them, and everything I continue to do for them so they can grow up to be smart, strong, leading men.


2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had a job at the roller hockey rink? I always thought you had what it takes to be a derby girl ;)

    I love his answers! Soooooo cute!!! He is such a smart kid! You're doing a fantastic job!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know right?! He is so silly. Thank you! I appreciate hearing that more than you know. :)

    ReplyDelete