Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Monster Called "Our Yard"

Our yard, at the start of the season was to say the least an embarrassment! Dandelions, weeds and dead grass everywhere. We have been working on it for about about a month now, since things started warming up outside. After spending the entire day yesterday working on fixing most our sprinkler heads, planting, weeding, mowing, weed-whacking, redoing the area around our AC unit, edging, top-soiling, laying wood chips, seed and fertilizer, I think we are finally getting somewhere!


My creation of a front garden. I planted a couple flowers this year, but my favorite is the Lilac bush in the back corner! I love the smell of Lilacs!


Our new baby Aspen! Let's hope the cats and Dallen allow it to grow. :/


I know it doesn't look like much, but this was once all grass! We ripped it all out and laid the chips and edging. It was exhausting, mainly thanks to the builder who left massive rocks for us to find before leveling things out.


Our backyard is nice...... when we can sit in the shade from our neighbors trees! :) We still have yet to develop more in our backyard, but lots of soft green grass never hurts.

We still have quite a way to go yet, but I am happy with things looking nicer. It is such a blessing to be able to enjoy nature and the peaceful surroundings of our home and neighborhood. Planting and yard work though tedious and never ending, are one of my favorite things to do. It is rejuvenating to the soul, when you take pride in bettering the earth by planting and helping things grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment