Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Our New Beginning

Hello all! I have created a new blog for our family. I am excited about it, and hope that it captures our life's moments. I feel that with all the changes our family has experienced over the last year, as well as the changes that are upon us it's time for a revamp. Please note that these chronicles from our lives are for our extended relatives and friends both near and far, but mainly to document the memories for our family.

I will update as to the 'changes' I spoke of above. Since the birth of our second son Rorey, I have experienced severe problems with my health. In November, I started on a weight loss plan that took a turn for the worst. Mid-December, I began to notice things to be off. After figuring out my Thyroid was to blame,  I started on a process of daily prescriptions and frequent blood draws for testing the patterns of my new physical struggle. Now over the course of 5 months, I am still in the middle of a whiplash of inadequacies all due to my Thyroid. I have felt the immediate results of sleep deprivation, losing 12 lbs, gaining it all back and gaining an additional 7, constant exhaustion, headaches, anxiety, depression and the list continues. Trying to work with all these challenges on a daily basis, makes it difficult to concentrate on tasks at hand or even my children. My husband and number one supporter is all I have been leaning on of late. Though I know he is weary of the constant roller coaster effect as well. This is a continuing story as, I am not sure when or if this will level out.


Other changes among us have been with my sister and brother both being engaged at the same time. Sophia was living with us since the first of December, she and her fiance Peter flew to Alaska on Monday, where they will be starting their lives together. Marshall has recently moved to SLC to start his new life with his fiance Kiramey. It seems strange to have been the only one in my family married for so long, and then two of my siblings are now getting married. We are excited for both of them and their new endeavors. We love Kira and Peter. Their personalities and added humors fit right in with the clan.

 Most of you may have heard through the many grapevines around us, of our latest news. We are making arrangements to move. As a family we have come to this decision, for many reasons. Most of which are personal, but I can say that a new beginning is what we feel is necessary for our current path. We know that this will change many of our relationships, and we look forward to the windows of opportunity that lay ahead. Although overwhelming and unsettling as we are not sure how or when we will go, we are sure the Lord will guide us. We thank everyone who continues to support us.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment